CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My first Show & Tell

Ok so its not really the first but its the first for this blog. Well after several granny's favorite dishcloths and a few hats I learned two new knitting skills at once OOO! I know for many that may seem easy but for me... well not so easy. I decided that I needed to knit myself a pair of socks even though I don't wear socks. Go figure. I also decided I was NOT going to fiddle with these DPNs that I needed to do socks... and that is when I discovered Magic Loop. Ok so I want to do socks and I want to do them magic loop so I had to first get flexible circs which led me to KPs Options and sock yarn. So online I go and order my KPs the whole set not just a pair or two 'cause that wasn't good enough for me LOL! and then off to my first real LYS with a friend from Ravelry and I bought some beautiful looking yarn. I did not know then but I do now that its a dream to work with real wool!!! (not in my budget to do on a regular basis but I thought its my first so they are special.

Ok now to find a pattern online that I can print out for free cause as I said before the budget is tight. I searched and searched and posted on message boards ISO a ML pattern for a basic sock. Well thank you to katknit and knitting help messege forum she had a "recipe" for just what I needed!!! ok so I had to wrap my head around this magic loop method and the skemantics of a sock (still a little iffy but got the jist of it). Well this is getting to quite the story so after sveral trips to the frog pond I got this:
Ok so now I want to get this second sock done but I am suffering from SSS and sweaty hands. I am already thinking of new skills to learn and projects to do Oh how I want to do 2!!! socks at the same time ML and Cables I want to do a CPH so bad!!

6 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Mel, good luck on your blog. I found your link at DHH.

I want to learn to knit socks and need to get me one of those magic loops. Perhaps that will be my next project.

Stop by and visit The Crafty Side and The Gardener Side

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel
Great blog, very pretty. Now get busy finishing up your sock to make a pair. Very cute.
Have a great day!

monica said...

Hi Mel. Glad you started the blog I look forward to seeing all your craft items. Now you need to finish that pair of socks

smr61754 said...

Hey, Mel! Thanks SOO much for the birthday wishes :)

Your blog looks GREAT! Love the color. I think I need to change mine....try something a little fancier :)

Good luck with it...I will check back often!

Sandy

Crochet Goddess said...

Great socks. I want to knit socks. I hope to take a sock class this fall.

♥CraftyMel♥ said...

thank you all for the kind and encouraging comments. Now hopefully I'll get off that SSS soon! :D